The T.R. Hughes Story
The story of how Thomas R. Hughes went from being a St. Charles police officer with 20 years on the force, to a very successful homebuilder is one that many in the region know well. And it always brings a smile when new people hear it for the first time. Because it's a story that brings home the American dream, and the spirit that inspires us to strive toward our dreams.
It began in the early 1980's when Tom built his first home so his mother could move to St. Charles. He was still a police officer at the time and did much of the work himself in his spare time. Friends and colleagues heard about what he was doing and before he knew it, people were asking him if he could build a home for them!
Finally, with more and more home building requests coming, he made the decision to take it on full time and started T.R.Hughes Inc.
In the early 1990's the opportunity came along to buy 77 acres in northern St. Charles. Tom envisioned his first new home community on the site. He jumped at the chance and Stable Ridge Estates was born.
The neighborhood of 250 homes was an instant success, and subsequently won numerous awards for excellence in style and value. T.R. Hughes had now become a well known name in the St. Louis new home industry.
Since that time, and hundreds of homes later, T.R. Hughes is still gathering accolades, both regionally and nationally.
Some noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Ranked in Inc Magazine's list of the 500 fastest growing companies in the U.S.
- March of Dimes "Building the Community" award
- Ranked 76th fastest growing privately held company by the St. Louis Business Journal
- Better Business Bureau "World Class Customer Satisfaction" award
- City of St. Charles "Employer of the Year" award
- Entrepreneur of the Year finalist
- Voted the #1 residential and commercial builder by St. Charles residents
- Dozens of "Homer Awards" for value and style presented by the HBA of St. Louis
Guided by a deep faith and a business philosophy of "treating people the way you would want to be treated", Tom Hughes has come a long way since the days of building homes in his off-duty hours.
We hope you'll consider T.R. Hughes if you are planning a move in the near future. Look through our neighborhood listings and talk to our sales managers. Visit our communities and tour our displays. Talk to residents in our neighborhoods. We want to help you make a wise home buying decision.
If you're thinking about a new home in St. Charles, Think T.R. Hughes!